My name is Annette and my husband's name is Hector. We are raising triplets!!! They're names are Delilah Marie, Hector Manuel Jr., and Melody Grace!!! Our triplets were born at 24 weeks 1 day and we are very blessed to say that we have all three of them at home with us! We've had a very long and bumpy road, but God has brought us through! Miracles do happen! Thank you for reading!


Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 7, 2009

14 Weeks


This week has been rather scary... This week will be my cervical cerclage surgery and I must admit that I'm a bit scared. My doctor thinks it's a good idea to do the cervical cerclage because as the babies grow, my cervix can begin to dilate and I could go into labor early. My mother and husband will be there with me. I will keep you guys posted! :)

I will also leave you guys with a little information about what a cervical cerclage is.

What is cervical cerclage?

Treatment for cervical incompetence is a surgical procedure called cervical cerclage, in which the cervix is sewn closed during pregnancy. The cervix is the lowest part of the uterus and extends into the vagina.

What are the benefits of a cerclage?

Cervical cerclage helps prevent miscarriage or premature labor caused by cervical incompetence. The procedure is successful in 85% to 90% of cases. Cervical cerclage appears to be effective when true cervical incompetence exists, but unfortunately the diagnosis of cervical incompetence is very difficult and can be inaccurate.

What happens during the cervical cerclage procedure?

Most women have general, spinal, or epidural anesthesia for pain control during the procedure. A doctor will stitch a band of strong thread around the cervix, and the thread will be tightened to hold the cervix firmly closed.

I leave you with 14 week belly pics... Enjoy!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment